Friday, March 6, 2009

influences

At home I have a list of shows, books, and movies I have seen. They are just lists with some dates and a few comments if any. Once attended or read they go into the abyss of my memory and add to my cultural collective. Besides the few friends who read what I do or the few who go with me to shows, I am not really connected to any larger group of people who like to share these experiences. I guess, besides experiencing certain aspects of "life" I need to ask myself, "What am I getting out of this besides entertainment?" Tonight at the Hollywood Undead, Senses Fail, Brokencyde, and Haste the Day show I may not be contemplating this show's influence on my future writing or raising of my daughter but over time the lasting effects of 200 shows may add to my over-all look on certain aspects of life. As long as I don't let my guard down while pondering life just as an elbow comes down on my nose then I think all will be well.

1 comment:

  1. I dearly hope that you aren't teaching your daughter to live by the words of Hollywood Undead, I'm just saying.

    ReplyDelete